July 16, 2009

We are in Texas...Finally!

After two full days of driving, we finally landed in Haskell, TX at Kevin's parents house yesterday at about 4:15 p.m. This is the first time we have driven this particular trip as a whole family. It actually went pretty well. We stopped about every 2 to 2 1/2 hours, mainly because Ethan needed to eat. The stops took longer than I hoped ,but we still made good time. The kids did great! Ethan slept most of the time and Sophie used my MP3 player, her DVD player, and crayons and work books to keep herself occupied. I was so impressed with how well she behaved and dealt with having to be shut up in a car for two days. At each stop, while I was feeding Ethan, Kevin got out and played with her. At three of the stops, Kevin got out her bat and ball and they played...the people driving by and pulling in all thought that was pretty funny. We made lots of people smile on our trip because of that. I haven't put the pics up on the computer, yet, so I don't have any to upload with this entry, but I will upload them soon. We have already had a full day walking out to the tank and back, playing baseball, coloring, and all sorts of games! We weren't able to stay out for long, it's about 106 degrees here today and it's just too hot for much of anything. We are waiting until about 6:30 or so to go swimming so that it won't be quite so hot outside! Anyway, that's what we have been up to so far. Sorry it's a little boring, but we are having fun and glad to be on vacation for about 2 weeks. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Note to the Precious Lives That Made Me a Mother

To my Gift Girl and Blessing Boy, There is so much I want to say and so much I want you to know. I've tried to start this letter more ...