July 17, 2009

Randomness

So, it's late and Kevin is putting Sophie to bed and I just was sitting here thinking some totally random things...here you go!



*So, while watching The West Wing the other night, I finally heard the phrase that describes me best...I may not have it verbatim, but it went something like this:
Pres. Bartlett to Josh Lyman: You know the difference between us, Josh? I want to be the man. You want to be the guy the man depends on.
That totally describes me. Who would have thought I would have found such insight through Aaron Sorkin!



*I am totally addicted to Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. I love the boat The Northwestern and would love to meet any of the crew. Sig is my favorite of all the captains!



*There are times that I watch the Disney Channel even when Sophie is nowhere to be found. It was my favorite channel growing up. I loved watching Kids Incorporated (back when Fergie was just Stacy Ferguson), The Mickey Mouse Club, and all that fun Sunday afternoon programming (but I can't remember the names of those shows!)

*I played volleyball in high school.

*I love dark chocolate!

*I love the Harry Potter books and movies!

*I was a few months shy of my 25th birthday when I got married. I had been out of college for two years...Kevin on the other hand...was a senior in college.

*The only things I cook well are chicken and roast.

*My daughter was born April 6. Three years later, my son was born April 5.

*When I was younger (like in high school), my dream was to be in a Billy Graham film with Stephen Curtis Chapman.

*I still cry at commercials and sad movies!

*I literally watched the same movie every day my senior year of college.

*My first and only stage kiss was my freshman year of college with a guy that turned out to be one of my best friends...and he married one of my other best friends!

*I was a cheerleader in 8th grade.

*From Kindergarten to 12th grade, I attened 3 different school districts in two different states.

*I met my husband at Hannibal-LaGrange College in Hannibal, MO. We met when we were both on the ministry team Praise Song.

*Is actually sitting here watching Golden Girls right now!

*Used to watch Nick at Night every night while in high school. My favorite show was The Monkees.

I am sure there is more, but it is late and I need to get to bed. Sorry this wasn't very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Note to the Precious Lives That Made Me a Mother

To my Gift Girl and Blessing Boy, There is so much I want to say and so much I want you to know. I've tried to start this letter more ...