April 05, 2021

To My Boy, Ethan James

 Today you turn 12. 12! How is it possible that my youngest is turning 12 today?

You become a little more like your daddy everyday. That is both sweet and annoying at the same time. You have his entrepreneurial spirit. His creativity with Legos and art. His aptitude with computers. His night owl ways. You move with his slowness in all you do. Your jokes are every bit as corny as his were.

I think you might already be taller than he was (which wouldn't take much!) I can't believe how much you've grown, in so many ways, in the last year. Your voice is deeper, you're getting a mustache, and you are actually getting school done all on your own. 

I sure wish your daddy was here to help you become the godly man I know he prayed you would become. I am no replacement for a father and don't really know what to do with boys. But I do pray for you each day, asking the Lord to steal your heart, bring salvation to your soul, and use you to love other well all throughout your life. That's honestly the best I know how to do.

Seek the Lord. Follow him with you heart, soul, mind, and strength. Serve Him and serve others every chance you get. Surround yourself with others who will point you to Christ in all circumstances. 

I cannot wait to see the man you become, but I'd be OK if time would slow down just a bit!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Note to the Precious Lives That Made Me a Mother

To my Gift Girl and Blessing Boy, There is so much I want to say and so much I want you to know. I've tried to start this letter more ...