April 06, 2021

To My Girl, Sophie Annie

 I cannot believe that you are already turning 15. Where has the time gone?!?!? I had dreams of your teen years being filled with Daddy/Daughter Dates and birthdays with your Dad by your side. I feel such sadness that he's not here to do those things with you. I'm really sad he's not here to teach you to drive because I am pretty sure I am not the best candidate for that job! 

But I am so proud of the beautiful woman you are becoming. You are kind and generous and caring and smart and creative and self-motivated. Of course, you are also sassy and outspoken and a little on the bossy side. But I wouldn't want you any other way!

Remember this, dear Sophie Girl, pursue the Lord in all you do with all you are. He is what you need. He is a Father better than you could ever ask for or imagine. Don't chase after guys. Chase after the Lord. Surround yourself with friends who will always point you to the Lord, Who will speak truth in love and be a source of encouragement to you. 

I love you so much. You are a world changer, my dear girl, and I can't wait to see how the Lord uses you as His hands and feet to those who have no voice of their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Note to the Precious Lives That Made Me a Mother

To my Gift Girl and Blessing Boy, There is so much I want to say and so much I want you to know. I've tried to start this letter more ...